The healthcare Industry is facing a crisis caused because of a strain on its resources. Hospital resources are stretched to the limit and this leads to many unnecessary deaths in addition to prolonged suffering to a lot of patients. Consequently, many hospitals are now beginning to employ management techniques adapted from those who Toyota Motors and other Japanese car businesses use with terrific success. A Lean hospital is a really well-managed place and patients treated here are not likely to suffer from problems caused because of oversights.
Lean thinking focuses On producing top quality merchandise at low cost; it puts great emphasis on the removal of waste. A company which follows this management style encourages workers to keep searching for ways to improve work procedures. It is an unfortunate truth that hospitals have a good deal of waste and this sometimes prevents patients from receiving the best kind of care. Doctors, nurses and technicians are overworked and equipment usage is stretched to the limit.
A lean hospital is a Place where waste is removed by:
– Reducing the requirement to Enter the same information on several distinct forms, thereby freeing up doctors’ time to really treat patients
– Handling physician’s time well by reducing the need for multiple rounding cycles by various groups of physicians
– ensuring only the perfect diagnostic tests are ordered, and with the information readily available to all doctors who want it.
– Streamlining the medical supplies maintained at various stations in the hospital
– Keeping the hospital floors and channels properly so that no unnecessary material ups it. Physicians and nurses may therefore not have to waste time trying to find things they need.
These are just some of the things that set a best cardiology hospital in bangalore besides a regular one. Each hospital will need to follow the ideal process to be able to reach the necessary changes. It is Important to set up groups of individuals from within the organization to work out the various changes that are necessary. There will be fewer Medication and treatment errors in this hospital. Moreover, doctors, Nurses and technicians will have a high level of job satisfaction because they will no longer be overworked. Hospital equipment will also last longer because it will be used more efficiently than previously. It is no surprise that Increasing numbers of hospitals are adopting this type of management in order To boost their bottom line and support criteria.